As I brought my first coffee to my lips Sunday morning, I scrolled through the blogs I follow. I recently found a lovely blog that has on more that one occasion this week piqued my interest. Shareen, at Shareenayoub, has an extraordinary blog about the life of a woman who has, against all odds, kept her attitude upbeat and keeps hopping back into the ring. It is an understatement to say she is a fighter. Through humor and sarcasm, she tells truths of herself and how she looks at the world. It is so honest and well-written. I am a fan.
The blog was about how, when she was a little low, she received a blog award. The Versatile Blogger was passed to her by someone else that had also appreciated her blog, which she very much deserved. Part of the nomination, or award rather, is to pass it along. Lo and behold, I was second on her list. What!? Probably randomly numbered, but randomly second. I’ll take it. What a fun discovery.
I shot up, and with blind giddiness told Danny about that I had just read. He said, “See..?” The look on his face was I think pride. I had won a major award! Well, as it turns out many, many blogs receive this and it is a hand-shake of sorts to other bloggers. So, I will keep my day job.
The feeling I got when reading that I received a nomination was exhilarating. Thank you, Shareen. The nomination, coming from you, was… *scanning, scanning* bad ass. There that seems to fit. It was bad ass.
As the rules of The Versatile Blogger mention, I am to share 7 things about myself.
- I lick just about every spoon I cook with before putting it in the sink. I don’t lick and stir unless it is just Danny and me. He knows where my mouth had been. It is a mutually unmentioned agreement.
- My shoes are always tied the same tightness or I walk with a limp. Okay. It is possible that it just seems that way to me, but it puts me off kilter and is unacceptable.
- I insistently chew on the inside of my mouth and lips. It is gross. I don’t want to, but as with all habits, I lack the ability to stop. *I’m doing it right now.
- I don’t like wearing nail polish because it “feels heavy.” I can feel it on my nails and it isn’t something I can just get use to. I really like the look of painted nails, but dislike the foreign feel of my fingers wearing it.
- I look into people’s cabinets when I use their restroom. I would bet most people do this. This is my confession. If I have been to your house, I know what’s going on with you. Bathroom cabinet wise. I have seen your medicines and your tools. I know about your Preparation-H AND about your retainer. I have odd things in my cabinet, too. I should make a sign that sits on the shelf saying, “Get Out Snoopy!” I’m gonna do that.
- I hate pumping gas. I don’t want any part of it. I don’t like standing there. I don’t like the idea of gasoline on my hands. It freaks me out that static can blow up any of us at the pump. I hate paying for it and it’s too cold or too hot out.
- About once a week ‘If I only Had A Brain‘ from The Wizard of Oz pops in my head.
Now, my duty as a versatile blogger is to pass the buck. These are blogs I really enjoy.
Thanks again, Shareen. You made me a happy girl.
Much to my chagrin, I was ignorant to the fact that I had once before been nominated and failed to comply with the VBA protocol. Someone reminded me last night that I had not once been nominated, but twice. I owe a public thank you to sophiesletters. I was a novice to the blogisphere back then… in April, 2012. Much thank you to her and her wildly entertaining family.
- The Versatile Blogger Award (dlfwriting.com)
- The Versatile Blog Award (malakkanj.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger (happierhealthiermorefitme.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (therantingpapizilla.wordpress.com)
- The Versatile Blogger Award! (lcartera.wordpress.com)
- The Butterfly Effect of Words (nextlevelnancy.wordpress.com)
- We Were Nominated For The Versatile Blogger Award (paythebillsandmore.com)
- Fabulous Gutter Blogger Award (deviantwench.wordpress.com)
- Versatile & Worthy: Year-End Awards (le0pard13.com)
- Award, The Versatile Blogger (vandachittenden.wordpress.com)